Trying to figure out how you can update the BIOS for your SC series EVGA Laptop but aren't exactly sure how to go about doing that? Here you will find a step by step guide on how to do exactly that. You will need the following,
1. A SC series EVGA Laptop
2. A USB flash drive, you will need at least 1GB
- Getting Started -
- You will first need to pop in your USB Flash Drive into a working desktop or laptop. Open File Explorer and right click the thumb drive. Click on Format
- You will now be greeted by a new windows with various formatting options. Ensure that FAT 32 is selected for Format Type and then click on Format.' See image related
- Now go to the EVGA Drivers and BIOS center which can be found here https://www.evga.com/support/download/ Click on 'Other Products' For Category select Laptop, then select the proper Part Number that corresponds to your laptop and then for 'Type' select BIOS. Click Submit and download the desired BIOS.
- Open the .ZIP folder and transfer the files from that folder to your USB Flash Drive. Your USB Flash Drive should already be formatted in FAT32 type. Once the files are transferred, safely remove USB Flash Drive and connect it to your Laptop.
-Now you will need to plug in your USB Flash Drive to the SC Laptop. Turn on the laptop by pressing the power button and as you are doing that ensure to keep hitting the F2 key to get into BIOS. Ensure that you are on the 'Save and Boot' and click on Select BIOS File option.
-Now Select .bin file and click Yes to start the BIOS Flash. Ensure that your laptop is plugged into the power adapter to ensure that there are no random shut downs while the BIOS is being flashed. The process takes about a minute and once it is finished you will load back onto Windows.
And done! Your laptop should have the latest BIOS installed at this point. If you run into any issues or have any other questions, you are always welcome to contact our Technical Support team at 1.888.881.3842. Or email us at email@example.com