Special Step Up Notice:
When will Step-Up be available for the new series?
New series are generally added to the Step-Up list upon availability. Unforeseen factors may push this out further. Watch evga.com for more details.
Can I Step-Up to something not on the Step-Up list?
Due to limited quantities, only select cards are available via Step-Up. Cards not on the list will not be available to Step-Up to.
I'm outside 90 days from my purchase date, can you make an exception?
Unfortunately there are no exceptions outside the 90 day window.
Have a question?
Check out our most asked questions about the EVGA Step Up Program.
EVGA Step-Up® - Upgrade program
The EVGA Step-Up program gives you the peace of mind to purchase your product now, knowing you can upgrade to the latest parts that come out within the first 90 days from your purchase. In the computer hardware world, 90 days can be a lifetime, but with an eligible purchase, once per purchase, you can upgrade your EVGA product by paying the difference between what you paid and the price on EVGA's website.
The current cutoff for products purchased is 11/8/2022 to submit a request today. Products purchased on or after this date may be eligible for the Step-Up program.
EVGA Step-Up is currently only available to residents of the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, and EU Countries. EVGA Step-Up products are limited to one Step-Up per part number, per person, per household.
What Is the 90-day window?
The 90 Day Window begins from the date of purchase and is your chance to register your product, submit a request to Step-Up to a brand new product, and make any changes to your chosen Step-Up product within those 90 Days. The 90 Day Window does not guarantee that you will receive your Step-Up within 90 Days; in fact, many new product launches may have an estimated wait time of several months.
What products qualify for the Step-Up program?
You can unlock the Step-Up option for most EVGA 3 Year Warranty products so long as it meets the conditions listed below. Once the Step-Up option is unlocked, you will have 90 days from the original purchase date for your product to start the upgrade process through the EVGA website. Once the Step-up process begins, you will receive a confirmation email.
Conditions to qualify for Step-up:
If you should happen to miss your 14-day registration window on your qualifying 3 Year Warranty product, then you will need to purchase an extended warranty within 90 days of your original purchase date to enable the Step-Up option.
Your Extended Warranty purchases transfer to your new Step-Up product.
The EVGA Step-Up program is currently only available to residents of the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, and EU Countries.
- Register your qualifying 3 Year Warranty product purchased new from an authorized reseller within 14 days of your original purchase date.
- If you should happen to miss your 14-day registration window on your qualifying 3 Year Warranty product, then you will need to purchase an extended warranty within 90 days of your original purchase date to enable the Step-Up option.
- Your Extended Warranty and Advanced RMA (EAR) purchases now transfer to your new Step-Up product.
- The EVGA Step-Up program is currently only available to residents of the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, and EU Countries.
- EVGA Step-Up products (e.g. the product you want to Step-Up to) are limited to one part number, per person, per household.
- This means that if you (or someone in your household) Step-Up a registered product to an EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA (10G-P5-3897-KR), you may not Step-Up a second registered product to an EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA (10G-P5-3897-KR). However, if EVGA later offers a different GeForce RTX 3080 graphics card within your 90-day window, such as the EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA (10G-P5-3885-KR), you may Step-Up to that product.
Step-Up Inventory - What can I Step-Up to?
EVGA maintains a list of current graphics cards and motherboards available to Step-Up to with qualifying purchases. Products listed are mostly reference products (not factory overclocked or water-cooled) due to stock limitations. Only the below-listed products are part of the Step-Up program, and EVGA will not deviate from them unless deemed necessary. For example, an owner of an EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 of any variant can step-up to a GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA as stated below. However, the RTX 3080 owner cannot step-up to any other RTX 3090 variants, nor can an RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA owner step-up to an RTX 3090 K|NGP|N or any other variant of an RTX 3090.
Products may be removed from or added to Step-Up availability at any time. The listing of a VGA product in the Step-Up Inventory does not guarantee that this product will be available as a Step-Up option. To be available for selection, the product must be both be a Step-Up option from the participant’s eligible graphics card and listed on the Step-Up Inventory list.
How does the EVGA Step-Up process work?
There are several steps to the Step-Up program. Because we require that you send your original product to EVGA first, we have instituted a process that makes sure you have the least amount of downtime possible. Once you have gotten through the queue, approval, and payment phases, you can send your product into EVGA, and once we receive it, we will turn it around as quickly as possible. Shipping both directions will be your responsibility.
Stepping through the Step-Up
The EVGA Step-Up program is comprised of a 10-step process that covers the period from the first 90 days from the purchase date of an eligible product until you receive your brand new Step-Up product. Within the first 90 days, you must register your product, choose your Step-Up product, and submit a Step-Up request for your chosen product. Within your remaining window, you may change your Step-Up product by canceling your Step-Up and selecting another product. Leaving the Step-Up queue outside of the 90 days will forfeit your possible upgrade, and you will not be allowed to re-enter. Once you have made your final choice, you will wait in queue until you are notified that you must make your payment and ship in your product. Once EVGA receives your product, your new Step-Up product will ship out!
- Register your eligible product within 90 days from your original purchase.
- If your qualifying product is registered within 14 days of the original purchase date, then you will receive the option to step-up for the first 90 days of ownership.
- If your qualifying product is registered after 14 days from the original purchase date, then you must also purchase an extended warranty in order to be qualified for the step-up program.
- Upload a copy of your invoice.
- Request to start your Step-Up within 90 days of your original purchase from your product detail page.
- Navigate to My Products under Member Home
- Click on View Details of the product
- If your product qualifies, you will see the option to start your Step-Up
- Wait in queue until approval - this step can last from a few days to many weeks depending on demand.
- EVGA will review your request, and you will be approved if you have met the terms and conditions.
- During this review process, EVGA will compare the price you listed as the purchase price on your submission to the price listed on your proof of purchase. EVGA will adjust the price to match the actual purchase price, including any discounts you received with your order.
- The actual purchase price may not exceed the MSRP for the product. If the price listed on your proof of purchase exceeds the product’s current MSRP, after subtracting any discounts you received with your order, then this will reduce the price paid to match the product’s current MSRP at the time you submit your Step-Up.
- You will have 7 (seven) days to pay for the difference between the two products, plus return shipping and applicable taxes after you are approved.
- You will receive instructions to send your product in, and you will have 14 (fourteen) business days to do so after your payment is verified.
- When EVGA receives your product, we will inspect and process your new-in-box upgrade.
- EVGA will automatically register your product so you will receive the full warranty on your Step-Up.
- Any product auto-registered will have its Extended Warranty transferred automatically.
- Your product will ship via the option you chose and already provided payment for.
You will receive detailed emails at every step to instruct what you must do to continue. All Step-Up requests must follow the same process; you may not purchase the new product and send your original product back for a refund afterward.
Calculating Step-Up Costs
Simply put, the cost of EVGA Step-Up is the difference between what you paid for your original product and the new product listed at the EVGA Store. To calculate what you paid, follow these simple steps:
- Add line-item price
- If you purchase a product as part of a Bundle or DIY from EVGA.com, you must subtract the discount applied to all items. See the above FAQ or example below for an explanation on how to determine the correct cost for a Bundle or DIY item.
- Do not include taxes.
- Do not include shipping.
- Subtract rebates from the line item-price.
- Subtract from MSRP as listed on EVGA.
You have purchased a graphics card for $299.99, tax was $26.25, shipping was $10.25, and you also took advantage of a $30.00 rebate from EVGA. The product you wish to Step-Up to lists an MSRP of $399.99.
- Add $299.99
- Ignore $26.25 tax and $10.25 shipping
- Subtract $30.00 for the rebate to get $269.99
- Subtract $269.99 from $399.99
- $130 is the cost of this example, plus return shipping and applicable taxes
You have purchased a Bundle or DIY kit from EVGA.com listed at an MSRP of $1,200 but it is discounted to $800. The graphics card lists an MSRP of $300, and the product you wish to Step-Up to lists an MSRP of $400.
- Figure out the percentage discount between the bundle at MSRP and the discount
- $1,200 - $800 = $400
- $400 / $1,200 = 30%
- Reduce the line-item cost of the graphics card based on the 30% discount
- $300 - ($300 x .30) = $210
- Ignore tax and shipping for the Bundle or DIY
- Subtract $210 from $400
- $190 is the cost of this example, plus return shipping and applicable taxes
Return shipping (from EVGA back to you) depends upon your location, current rates and the shipping speed you select.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do products have to be in stock to start the Step-Up Program?
No, products do not need to be in stock for you to start Step-Up Program. However, the product you wish to Step-Up to must be listed on the Step-Up Inventory list eligible product to start the Step-Up Program.
Why do I have to wait in queue?
We have a queue for our Step-Up process, so you can keep your current EVGA product until we have your new product ready and waiting for you in our warehouse. Sometimes, very high demand will necessitate a longer than usual queue, but once you have made your request and you are in queue the 90 day limit no longer applies - you are considered in the Step-Up process.
If you are still within the 90 days from your original purchase, you may cancel your Step-Up and restart the Step-Up process yourself. If your 90 day window has expired and you leave the queue, then you may not be able to start a new Step-Up.
Does my Step-up card qualify for any game promotions?
No - Step-Up cards are sent as new cards but do not qualify for any game promotions.
Can I get the new product first in a cross-shipment?
There are no options for cross-shipping a Step-Up product. Similarly, an EVGA EAR may not be used on a Step-Up. However, the EAR will transfer to your new product.
Can I send in more than one product for one Step-Up?
No - Step-Up is available only for trading one product for another, not many products for one.
Can I Step-Up if I'm not the original purchaser?
No - Step-Up is available only to the original purchaser with a verified invoice from an EVGA Authorized Reseller.
Can I Step-Up a product more than once?
No - A product received from Step-Up cannot be used in the Step-Up program.
Can I Step-Up my EVGA Power Supply or Mouse?
No - These products do not qualify for the Step-up Program.
What happens when I Step-Up to a cheaper product?
After all reductions have been entered, if your “Price Paid for Product” still exceeds the MSRP of the product you wish to Step-Up to, you will be responsible for Sales Tax (if applicable) and return shipping.
Sales Tax (if applicable) is required on all new Step-Ups started on or after 11/18/2020, and is calculated based on the Step-Up product’s full MSRP.
What kind of product will I get?
All Step-Up replacements are new. There are limitations to what products are available to Step-Up to; these are listed above.
Step-Up products are considered a special new product, warranty will start from the shipping date of your new product from EVGA Step-Up.
What do I need to send back to EVGA?
We require the product to be returned to original factory condition and all accessories included with the original packaging. The original packaging material and box are recommended for returns to best protect your product. Free promotional items such as games, posters, shirts, etc., are considered gifts and are not required to be returned.
How long does "Verifying Transaction" take?
Once you have paid for your Step-Up, the next step will show "Verifying Transaction." Essentially, EVGA customer service will do a final check on all the details and then send you the RMA number. The process takes 1-2 business days.
How long does it take EVGA to ship out my new product once they receive my old one?
All RMAs, even Step-Ups, will be processed within 1-3 business days. From the day we receive your old product, we will process and ship out your new Step-Up product within three business days. If there are any problems with your shipment (No RMA number, no serial number sticker, damage, etc.), this will may delay the processing time.
Can I use EVGA Bucks to pay for my Step-Up?
EVGA Bucks are good only for new purchases made at EVGA's online store. The EVGA Step-Up is considered a promotion and cannot be combined with EVGA bucks in any way.
Can I change my shipping once my Step-Up has started?
No. You must cancel your Step-Up and resubmit with your new shipping selected. Note: If you are still within 90 days from your original purchase, you can cancel your Step-Up and start a new process yourself. If your 90 day window has expired and you leave the queue, you will not be allowed to begin a new Step-Up.
Why did my price paid get changed during the approval process?
One of four reasons:
- After reviewing the price paid on your invoice, the Step-Up department will adjust pricing based on your invoice.
- If there was a rebate for your product, the Step-Up department will adjust pricing to reflect rebates.
- If the purchase price paid on your invoice (less any discounts) exceeds the MSRP of your product when you submit for a Step-Up, then the Price Paid for Product will be adjusted to match the product’s current MSRP.
- Step-Up eligible products purchased through a Bundle or DIY are discounted based on the percentage off the MSRP to the Bundle or DIY price. Each item within the Bundle or DIY must be calculated using the same fixed percentage off the MSRP for every item.
How do I calculate my paid price for a product purchased in a Bundle or DIY from EVGA.com?
Step-Up eligible products purchased as part of a Bundle or DIY are considered discounted products. The discount for each item in the Bundle or DIY is based on the percentage discounted off of the MSRP to determine the subtotal. For example, if the non-discounted MSRP of the Bundle or DIY is $1,000, and the discounted subtotal is $600, this would mean the discount is $400, or 40% of the MSRP. To determine the discount on each item, subtract 40% of the item's Unit Cost to determine the final cost of each item. For example, if your RTX 3070 lists an MSRP of $500, you would subtract 40% of the item ($200) to find your final amount paid: $300.
Will my extended warranty transfer to my new product?
Yes, any auto-registered product through EVGA's RMA system will have its extended warranty transferred to the new product.
Terms and Conditions
Only EVGA products are eligible for the Step-Up program.
EVGA Step-Up is currently only available to residents of the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and EU Countries.
EVGA Step-Up is available only to the original end-user purchaser of the product from an authorized reseller.
The EVGA Step-Up program is available to EVGA graphics cards and motherboards for customers within 90 days of their original purchase date based on invoice verification.
There is currently no limit to the number of times customers may use the Step-Up program, but customers may not Step-Up to the same part number more than once. EVGA Step-Up products are limited to one Step-Up per part number, per person, per household.
- EVGA generally releases only reference versions of its products (NVIDIA reference-clock speeds and performance) to the Step-Up list. Due to stock limitations or other factors, EVGA will sometimes release models featuring a factory overclock or non-reference PCB to the Step-Up list. We do not encourage customers to try to "wait and see" if a factory overclock model is available if you are nearing the end of your Step-Up period, because this is not a consideration EVGA takes into account when determining Step-Up models. However, you are always free to wait until the end of your Step-Up period to make your choice.
- Step-Up is limited to pre-approved graphics cards only and can only be used for exchange to a different and higher performing GPU.
- Products known to have a limited availability will not be made available to the Step-Up program. (Limited availability determined by EVGA.)
- EVGA reserves the right, however, to release any product at any time to the Step-Up program despite the rules above. Non-reference, more exclusive products should be considered exceptions to the EVGA Step-Up program rules and may only be available for a limited time and/or in limited quantities.
- Customers who received their EVGA graphics card as part of a complete computer system are not eligible - except for those listed on our approved system vendor list.
- Graphics cards may be stepped-up in accordance with the published chart of eligible cards and Step-Up Options, provided that a product from the eligible card’s Step-Up Options is also listed in the Step-Up Inventory list. A more complete explanation and a chart listing current Step-Up Options may be located in the body of this page.
- EVGA motherboard products are limited to pre-approved models and same socket-type only.
- Products known to have limited availability will not be made available to the Step-Up program. (Limited availability determined by EVGA.)
- Customers who received their EVGA motherboard as part of a complete computer system are not eligible - except for those listed on our approved system vendor list.
- X99 FTW K (Socket 2011-3) → X299 FTW K (Socket 2066): NO (Different CPU Socket)
- Z490 FTW (Socket 1200) → Z590 FTW (Socket 1200): YES (Same CPU Socket)
A qualifying invoice must be dated on 11/8/2022 or after in order to submit a request today. If your invoice is dated as purchased before this date, you do not qualify for Step-Up.
Only products registered within 14 days of purchase, or products that have purchased an extended warranty, qualify for the Step-Up program.
Only new purchases qualify for the Step-Up program. Products received from EVGA RMA may qualify for the Step-Up program if your original product's purchase date is still within 90 days from the time you start the request and qualified for Step-Up before your RMA. However, once you receive your replacement product from EVGA RMA, you must contact Customer Service to adjust the Step-Up to the replacement product.
Products received from EVGA Step-Up do not qualify for the Step-Up program.
Products received from EVGA Step-Up are not considered full retail purchases and therefore do not qualify for any rebates. Products selectable during the Step-Up process and received from Step-Up will have a retail warranty suffix. Any customer who discovers that the Step-Up product selected has a non-3 Year Warranty suffix (such as –LR, –RX or –RL) should contact EVGA Customer Service immediately.
Products must be purchased from an authorized reseller, retailer, e-tailer or distributor of EVGA products. Products purchased from unauthorized resellers or dealers, which include, without limitation, secondhand purchases, online marketplaces such as eBay (except for EVGA's official eBay store), Amazon Marketplace (except for EVGA's official Amazon Marketplace store), and other online auction and/or marketplace websites do not qualify for the Step-Up program. Products received free through a promotion or contest do not qualify for the Step-Up program.
Verification and approval requires a valid copy of your original invoice (proof of purchase).
Products must be returned in their original factory condition (aftermarket back plates, brackets, etc. will be removed and discarded) and must be free from physical modification or damage per the terms of our warranty.
Products made available for EVGA Step-Up are of limited availability and will be distributed on a first-come first-serve basis.
Once EVGA has received your original product, the Step-Up process is non-reversible and non-refundable.
The EVGA Step-Up cannot be combined with any other promotions or coupons.
EVGA reserves the right to adjust the purchase price of a Step-Up eligible product (i.e. the product used to Step-Up from) to match the actual price paid after discounts or rebates, as outlined in these terms. EVGA reserves the right to reduce the purchase price of a Step-Up eligible product, less any discounts, to match the current MSRP of the Step-Up eligible product.
EVGA will cancel any and all Step-Ups if the product chosen was listed by mistake or by-way-of a website error. In such a case, EVGA will not be responsible for any lost time, position in the Step-Up queue, or monetary amount in excess of any funds paid directly to EVGA as part of the Step-Up process if the customer chooses a product that is not eligible for the Step-Up program per these Terms and Conditions.
EVGA reserves the right to modify the wait-list queue from one Step-Up product to another Step-Up product without warning or notification. Although entering the Step-Up queue within the 90-day window generally guarantees the ability to purchase a Step-Up product, due to material shortages, unexpected changes to product availability, or other factors out of EVGA’s control, EVGA reserves the right to move customers in queue for one Step-Up product to the next closest Step-Up product or newly available Step-Up product, at EVGA’s discretion. EVGA does not guarantee that the replacement Step-Up product will be identical in performance and features. Customers will be responsible for any difference in price between the previous and new Step-Up products, if any. In such situations, EVGA will attempt to respect the wait-list order of the previous Step-Up product before processing new Step-Up requests. EVGA will not provide a rain-check for a different part number, allow extensions beyond the original 90-day window, allow the customer to change into a different Step-Up queue, or allow a direct purchase of the product in lieu of completing the Step-Up process.
EVGA reserves the right to cancel a customer’s Step-Up at any time and for any reason.
EVGA reserves the right to change the terms of the Step-Up program at any time without notice.
EVGA reserves the right to cancel the Step-Up program at any time and for any reason.