Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
Author
Darron
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2127
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
2009/12/25 12:50:04 (permalink)
For a long long time I have been following, reading, studying reviews about EVGA boards and graphics cards I have even contacted Evga's in the past about my disbelief that they discontinued the 759??? Im not even going to go there

I was assured to look forward to an australian portal although even though I select Australia there is no store there is no anything everything else links back to the US site?
I like Evga gear but if your not interested in setting up an Evga online store in Australia and offering the stepup program here I will not interested in buying any of your equipment out of principle.
Full credit to your engineers but your sales department really must understand Australians customers deserve the same treatment as a European or American clients you even deny warranties if we try to import the units from the US ??
Im still waiting after months of waiting post 759 for a 3X sli mainboard offering X16 speeds not X16/8 and the only thing you offer is so huge it only fits a few giant cases XL-ATX 4way SLI.

In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti 

139 Replies Related Threads

Halo_003
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12859
    • Ribbons : 51
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/25 12:57:10 (permalink)
    From what I know, all the other countries link's lead back to the USA store, because the other parts of the site are still under construction. Although if you have a friend or family in the US you can order the 759/classified and ship it to them, then have them ship it to you in Australia.
    post edited by Halo_003 - 2009/12/25 12:58:17

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102505
    • Ribbons : 85
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/25 13:01:52 (permalink)
    At this time USA EVGA parts shipped to other countries are not covered by warranty in that country.

What I would like you to do is to contact our EVGA rep in Australia:

dbretherton@evga.com

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Darron
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/25 13:54:04 (permalink)
    759 classified was a limited edition 3 way SLI X16 X16 X16 you cannot buy it anymore it was replaced with the 760 minus the NF200 hence the 3 way SLI X16 X8 X8
    To be honest im not even sure if the new E762 (4 WAY SLI classified) can even do 4 way 16X the specs these days in regards to PCIE lane speeds are ambiguous eg
    "Expansion Slot
    7 x PCIe x16/x8

The P55 Classified 200 states
    Expansion Slot
    5 x PCIe x16/x8, 1 x PCIe x4, 1 x PCIe x1

I have already contacted dbretherton spoken with him on the phone nice guy very helpful he was who told me to look forward to the new Australian portal. I must say im feeling underwhelmed and disappointed that the portal does not contain a store or well anything for that matter. Again no new information here what I would like to know is
    a) Why not offer a step up program in Australia
    b) If you wont give us our own store let us order it from the US and don't block our warranty rights
    c) Why should we buy your boards or cards if we get treated like second class customers when we actually pay more for your equipment
    d) Create a E-ATX or ATX mainboard with 3XSLI X16 like you did with the 759 Classified most people don't want to buy a new case just to upgrade the board.

Darron
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/25 14:44:52 (permalink)
    I looks like im not the only member getting the run around in regards to the step up issue
    http://forums.evga.com...mp;high=evga+australia
    Members might note evga staff have been told to pass questions off without investigation or explanation to reps. From my experience reps don't often have any authority to change company policy particularly when a companies head office is in another country. If I wanted to talk to a rep I would have asked for the reps email address I want an explanation from EVGA

Hanni
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4989
    • Ribbons : 19
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/25 14:48:29 (permalink)
    I'm still waiting for them to send me my free copy of Far Cry 2

EVGA Germany that is.

luv2increase
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5279
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/25 16:03:05 (permalink)
    Darron

759 classified was a limited edition 3 way SLI X16 X16 X16 you cannot buy it anymore it was replaced with the 760 minus the NF200 hence the 3 way SLI X16 X8 X8
    To be honest im not even sure if the new E762 (4 WAY SLI classified) can even do 4 way 16X the specs these days in regards to PCIE lane speeds are ambiguous eg
    "Expansion Slot
    7 x PCIe x16/x8

The P55 Classified 200 states
    Expansion Slot
    5 x PCIe x16/x8, 1 x PCIe x4, 1 x PCIe x1

I have already contacted dbretherton spoken with him on the phone nice guy very helpful he was who told me to look forward to the new Australian portal. I must say im feeling underwhelmed and disappointed that the portal does not contain a store or well anything for that matter. Again no new information here what I would like to know is
    a) Why not offer a step up program in Australia
    b) If you wont give us our own store let us order it from the US and don't block our warranty rights
    c) Why should we buy your boards or cards if we get treated like second class customers when we actually pay more for your equipment
    d) Create a E-ATX or ATX mainboard with 3XSLI X16 like you did with the 759 Classified most people don't want to buy a new case just to upgrade the board.

The 762 can do x16 x16 x16 x16 because it has TWO NF200 chips whereas the 759 had only 1 NF200 chip.

If I were you, I'd get ahold of a friend or family member in the states and have them purchase the board for GPU for you.  Then, have them register the product in "their" name.  After that is finished, have them ship you the product.

HEATWARE

- Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.1Ghz 24/7
    * Have x5650 Xeon 6c/12t want to install!!!

- Corsair Dominator 12GB
    - EVGA x58 Classified 760
    - MSI GTX 960
    - MegaRAID 9260-8i Raid Card
    - 4 x Samsung 850 EVO 120GB in Raid-0
    - 4 x Samsung EcoGreen 1.5TB
    - Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W
    - IKONIK Ra X10 SIM
    - Pioneer BD-RW
    - 46" Samsung LN46A630 1080p
    - Windows 10 Professional Build 10147
    Darron
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/25 16:23:30 (permalink)
    It's an insane sized case you need to have for that motherboard plus the price I saw it listed for $AU800 plus dollars who buys a mainboard for $800 ???
    They created it just to stick it to ASUS who had that supercomputer mainboard with 7 PCIE X16 slots but seriously guys 90% of people have an E-ATX at most, why produce a board 90% of people would have to upgrade their case (which is a total pain in the ass) without at least creating an alternative to the 759 ???
    I do not have anyone I know in the US who could buy any boards for me frankly I shouldn't need to have anyone live in another country buy it for me!!. I should have the same rights as a consumer when I pay twice as much to get at least the same service support and availability of upgrades as Europe and the US.
    Thanks for your advice luv2increase I know your trying to help me out it just gets me angry when aussies pay so much and get nothing in return no wonder no retailers stock EVGA boards they don't trust EVGA they stock Gigabyte and Asus hence the reason why I want an online store. Even if you do find a store in Aus the price is double what you pay in the US regardless of the exchange rate at the time.

LonelyStoner
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1551
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/25 17:09:46 (permalink)
    im sorry to interrupt but i guess i should tell my disappointment too.

i live in Malaysia and there is not even a single person selling any of the EVGA products; not even one. How i got my 760? Bulk order. Yes, that one of the hardest and troublesome ways to get products.

I still love EVGA. But EVGA...you should give us, the customers outside the US equal opportunity to enjoy the shipping service, warranty etc. Sometimes, we feel 'cheated' because we cant use the extra service EVGA has to offer after spending that much money on their products.

But anyways, i will still buy from EVGA no matter what. I just hope, EVGA at least opens an online shop for customers outside US.

EVGA FTW!!

Halo_003
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12859
    • Ribbons : 51
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/25 17:10:11 (permalink)
    The 4 way SLI Classified motherboard isn't intended for an average user or someone who doesn't have deep pockets(Must be why so few people have it). The case.. I suppose it could be modded depending on what case it is so that you could fit the motherboard in. I agree with Rjohnson though, I'd talk to the EVGA rep in Australia.

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

Darron
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/25 17:40:07 (permalink)
    Thats my point Halo the 4 way SLI is way over the top to be realistic
    $830 I saw I advertised for in Australia its priced at $500 US I did the calculation and $500 US is $566 AU thats a $264 differance and I get no stepup now I don't know about you but that kind of markup is ridiculous.

5thduke
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3343
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/25 17:51:54 (permalink)
    all evga has to do is open ther eshop up to ociania, but weve had this decussion before apparently joe says its a legistacale nightmare
    at this point

never attempt to remove a fly from your friends head with a meat cleaver .  

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/26 06:32:56 (permalink)
    If you live in the Pacific area and have questions about EVGA products please contact our EVGA rep in Australia at:

dbretherton@evga.com

Prices vary from region to region in common currency based on a multitude of reasons ranging from logistics, import duties and tariffs, retailer and distributor taxes, etc
    post edited by rjohnson11 - 2009/12/26 06:34:05

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Hanni
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4989
    • Ribbons : 19
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/26 07:11:10 (permalink)
    5thduke

all evga has to do is open ther eshop up to ociania, but weve had this decussion before apparently joe says its a legistacale nightmare
    at this point

Of course it is. You can't just open an eshop for another country.

It's like building up a whole new business.

EVGA_DuaneB
    EVGA Australia
    • Total Posts : 37
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/27 06:40:32 (permalink)
    Darron

I looks like im not the only member getting the run around in regards to the step up issue
    http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=42212&high=evga+australia
    Members might note evga staff have been told to pass questions off without investigation or explanation to reps. From my experience reps don't often have any authority to change company policy particularly when a companies head office is in another country. If I wanted to talk to a rep I would have asked for the reps email address I want an explanation from EVGA

Dear Darron,

Firstly, EVGA does listen to your feedback and we understand your concerns and those expressed by all Australians.

To clarify why we do not offer Step Up in the APAC region, simply because we are not in a position to offer in this region at this time. In time, and when the timing is right, hopefully we can introduce this as valued feature.

As for the www.evga.com.au this is your Australian portal, we will display events and competitions and current promotions like the X58 LE with FREE Thors Hammer CPU cooler. So frequently stay tuned for local EVGA offerings.

Thanks for your support.
    post edited by EVGA_DuaneB - 2009/12/27 06:43:21
    Nex_Lupus
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12267
    • Ribbons : 31
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/27 06:59:41 (permalink)
    DUDE GET THAT DEAL THORS HAMMER ROCKS!!!!

i have one its a bit bulky (which is why im downgrading) but it got my 920 up to 4ghz easily 1.28volts and thats with a shoddy tim job XD

seriously you should pick it up its well worth it

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67306
    STOP PIRACY - Sorry but pirates stole the link

Darron
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/28 01:23:06 (permalink)
    "Altech was the first to bring the vendor’s product to Australia but stopped distributing for EVGA three months ago. Kevin Hartin, representative for Altech's marketing agent, Marketing Pro, said it was difficult to sell the product range, and cited the brand’s high-end targeted market and hefty price tag as the main reasons. " dated 15 July, 2009
    http://www.arnnet.com.au/article/311214/multimedia_distribute_former_altech_partner_evga

When I said I have researched Evga mainboards Im not kidding most reviews have stated Evga's high price in relation to comparable Mainboards to be excessive in Australia. I kid you not! price has been the most important factor in the recomendation to consumers if you should or should not bother to buy your products.
    Atomics  January 2010  issue review of the P55 FTW 200 states the following...
    "Overall Nice performance but the price is a definitely a fail"
    "What it all boils down to is a board that performs well, but is priced too high to be worth buying compared to competing products and platforms"

Im annoyed that your moderator would even attempt such an ambiguous speculation "Prices vary from region to region in common currency based on a multitude of reasons ranging from logistics, import duties and tariffs, retailer and distributor taxes, etc"
    Thats great yes it can vary.......  but by more than $200 each board ??? Please Microsoft tried the same crap with its windows 7 Australian release which was total bogus.
    Im not asking for speculation im asking you a direct question... Why do Australians pay so much more for your boards than do your American and European customers even after you factor in exchange rates?

post edited by Darron - 2009/12/28 01:53:17

vlad01
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3495
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/28 01:57:00 (permalink)
    Thats a good question. Every thing in Aus is like that and I just about had a gut full too. I was looking at getting a pair of ubiquiti bullets and I cant find any that are under $200 AUD, yet the manufacture's site clearly says RRP $39 USD ****?

I continue to buy and sell EVGA products coz I love them so much but I would like to see the same support and resonalble prices here in Aus similar to the US .

My computers are liquid cooled while my vehicles are air cooled.

AlexisRO
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1920
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/28 05:58:37 (permalink)
    Darron Why do Australians pay so much more for your boards than do your American and European customers even after you factor in exchange rates?  

Don't worry here in EU the prices are still very high compared to the US.

System: 7820X - MSI X299 Carbon AC - G.Skill 32Gb TridentZ 3200 - EVGA 1080 Ti - 500 Gb Samsung 970 EVO , 2Tb Crucial MX500, 2Tb, 3Tb, 4Tb Seagate - Seasonic 1000W Prime - Creative Sound Blaster Z - Windows 10 Pro 64 - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Edifier S530D - Acer Predator XB271HU (1440p)

Watercooling loop: Heatkiller CPU - EK 1080 Ti - Swiftech MCP 655 with EK X-Top v2 - XSPC reservoir - Alphacool 480 x2

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/28 06:23:21 (permalink)
    Darron:

Im annoyed that your moderator would even attempt such an ambiguous speculation "Prices vary from region to region in common currency based on a multitude of reasons ranging from logistics, import duties and tariffs, retailer and distributor taxes, etc"

Darron:  Check prices of software for Adobe products for example between the USA and Australia or Microsoft products. You will find that those prices are also higher than USA prices for the reasons I previously mentioned.

Darron
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/28 18:26:57 (permalink)
    So your excuse is everybody else does it so we are entitled to rip you off as well ???
    I should also note we get the exact same service and product from Adobe and Microsoft unlike EVGA's stripped down products.
    Your actually discriminating in a far worse way than Microsoft and Adobe ever has thanks for bringing that point up moderator rjohnson 11 and as for your reasons you previously mentioned Id like you to read the following report from News.com...

Last year, news.com.au revealed that Australians pay up to five times more for software sold as a download.
    At the time, one software maker – Adobe – said local retailers set the price of its products in Australia and that its online store had been priced to support those retailers.
    However Choice's Ms Davidson said that excuse – the same offered by Microsoft – wasn't good enough.
    "We've been told by Microsoft that their prices vary by region based on market specific factors including the exchange rate, local taxes and duties and retailer pricing decisions," she said.
    "We don't think those justifications really fly."
    Ms Davidson said tougher restrictions were needed to stop regional price discrimination.
    "Companies like Microsoft use technological methods to prevent Australian consumers from buying the product overseas, such as banning international IP addresses and credit card numbers," she said.
    "We don't think that Microsoft, or any other company, should be allowed to use these methods to price discriminate against Australians."

Dated October 22, 2009
    http://www.news.com.au/te...e6frfro0-1225789970152

And your speculating ... again
    post edited by Darron - 2009/12/28 18:33:41

vlad01
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/28 18:35:17 (permalink)
    wow

EVGA_DuaneB
    EVGA Australia
    • Total Posts : 37
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2009/12/29 00:42:32 (permalink)
    Darron

"Altech was the first to bring the vendor’s product to Australia but stopped distributing for EVGA three months ago. Kevin Hartin, representative for Altech's marketing agent, Marketing Pro, said it was difficult to sell the product range, and cited the brand’s high-end targeted market and hefty price tag as the main reasons. " dated 15 July, 2009
    http://www.arnnet.com.au/article/311214/multimedia_distribute_former_altech_partner_evga

When I said I have researched Evga mainboards Im not kidding most reviews have stated Evga's high price in relation to comparable Mainboards to be excessive in Australia. I kid you not! price has been the most important factor in the recomendation to consumers if you should or should not bother to buy your products.
    Atomics  January 2010  issue review of the P55 FTW 200 states the following...
    "Overall Nice performance but the price is a definitely a fail"
    "What it all boils down to is a board that performs well, but is priced too high to be worth buying compared to competing products and platforms"

Thats great yes it can vary.......  but by more than $200 each board ??? Please Microsoft tried the same crap with its windows 7 Australian release which was total bogus.
    Im not asking for speculation im asking you a direct question... Why do Australians pay so much more for your boards than do your American and European customers even after you factor in exchange rates?

Hi Darron,

I think it is best if you send me your contact details in a PM and I will contact you to discuss these concerns you have. I would be more than happy to talk with you.

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2010/01/15 12:30:51 (permalink)
    Please read post number 9 from the webmaster in this thread as well:

http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=122151&high=australia

vlad01
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2010/01/15 13:19:43 (permalink)
    yay cant wait. I plain to upgrade end of this year. fingers crossed there will be apac cart in time.

5thduke
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3343
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2010/01/15 14:59:58 (permalink)
    vlad01

yay cant wait. I plain to upgrade end of this year. fingers crossed there will be apac cart in time.

this will be good news indeed

never attempt to remove a fly from your friends head with a meat cleaver .  

Darron
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2010/04/04 02:10:39 (permalink)
    rjohnson11

Please read post number 9 from the webmaster in this thread as well:

http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=122151&high=australia

So here we are again and post number 9 from the webmaster has yet to be implimented im curious is it ever going to be implimented or was that just something you made up so I would go away??

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2010/04/04 02:16:24 (permalink)
    Darren, I just did a price comparison using Google on line in Australia and EVGA GTX480 pricing is roughly the same as many other vendors. That includes Zotec, Gigabyte, Palit, and INNOvision.
    post edited by rjohnson11 - 2010/04/04 02:23:49

vlad01
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2010/04/04 02:21:32 (permalink)
    i want the hydro cooper come to think of it i never seen one of any of evga's cards in Aus

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re:Evga don't respect australian customers 2010/04/04 02:26:51 (permalink)
    I do not know about hydro copper video card availability in Australia so please email Duane at:

dbretherton@evga.com

Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile