EVGA Mobile Warranty Terms
United States / Canada Warranty
Regional and Non-Transferable Mobile Device Warranty Terms and Conditions
EVGA Limited Warranty
This limited warranty protects your EVGA hardware product against defects or hardware component failures that may occur during normal use while inside of the EVGA warranty period. EVGA hardware accessories received with the EVGA warranted hardware product will also be covered by the terms included below. Accessories sold separately are not covered by this warranty and if applicable maybe covered by the warranty accompanying the accessory.
These warranty terms are valid for purchases ON or AFTER September 1st, 2013 for the original owner of the product within the regions of the Continental United States, Mexico, and Canada.
EVGA offers limited warranty terms from the date of purchase to the original owner with a valid invoice from a EVGA authorized reseller. This warranty is for the original owner only and is non-transferable, non-assignable and is voided when the Warranted Product is transferred to another party. A receipt or invoice for the purchase of the product will be required from an EVGA authorized reseller showing ownership of the product if warranty support is needed, unless purchased through the EVGA.com online store. Registration is recommended by EVGA, but not required.
- Limited 1 Year Suffix: -B1*
- * This warranty is only effective on EVGA Mobile Devices such as the EVGA Tegra Note 7 ending with a –B1 part number.
This Limited Warranty is conditioned upon proper use of the Product by the Purchaser. This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Mobile devices that are modified by customer outside of factory specifications and/or not in factory condition.
- Any damages to the components, hardware and/or assembly of the accessory including neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress.
- Any missing hardware, components and/or assemblies of the mobile device.
- Cosmetic damages deemed outside of reasonable usage caused by deep scratches, cuts, cracks, dents, discoloration, neglect, dropping or mishandling the mobile device.
- Opening the exterior casing of the mobile device.
- Cracks or broken glass and/or display panel.
- Mobile devices that are exposed to liquid, liquid residue or excessive humid environments resulting in rust, moisture, dampness, stains, corrosion or liquid spills on components, hardware or electronics.
- Direct usage of paint, submersion of the accessory in oil, use of adhesives or glues on any part of the mobile device.
- Exposure to cigarette tar residue, dampness, sand, dirt or excessive debris.
- Mobile devices that are rendered non-functional or usable due an accident, collision with an object or tool, use of excessive force, neglect for care, exposure to fire or abnormal heat, flooding, dirt, windstorms, lightning, earthquakes, excessive weather conditions, theft, blown fuses, or improper use of any electrical source.
- Defects or damages resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by EVGA CORPORATION.
- The use of inadequate shipment packaging or use of inadequate packing material resulting in damages to the product while in transit with your shipping courier.
- Changes to the OS or Boot loader including but not limited to unlocking and rooting the device may cause this warranty to be null and void.
This Limited Warranty covers batteries only if battery capacity falls below 80% of rated capacity or the battery leaks, and this Limited Warranty does not cover any battery if:
- The battery has been charged by a battery charger not specified or approved by EVGA CORPORATION for charging the battery.
- Any of the seals on the battery are broken or show evidence of tampering.
- The battery has been used in equipment other than the EVGA CORPORATION Tablet for which it is specified.
Product Warranty Replacement:
- EVGA CORPORATION reserves the right to check the validity of your warranty and your request for warranty service upon receiving the product.
- EVGA reserves the right to claim for shipping fees, hold your warranty as well as a service charge from you for any incomplete, damaged or modified product that is returned and requires repair or replacement, or when you are not entitled to any coverage under EVGA's warranty. Service charges are variable based upon the actual material and labor cost to replace missing or modified parts back to their original factory condition.
- Products sent in for RMA will be repaired and returned or replaced with a thoroughly tested recertified product of equal or greater performance.
- EVGA Warranty begins from the date that the product was originally shipped from the EVGA warehouse.
- For the original owner of the product with a valid invoice that can be verified from an approved reseller the warranty begins from the date of purchase on the invoice.
- All products returned from EVGA's RMA department are thoroughly tested recertified products. If an RMA is necessary within 30 days of the original purchase date, a new in box OEM replacement will be sent in return if the product was purchased new-in-box, subject to availability.
- All recertified (B-Stock) purchases will receive a recertified product for replacement. B-Stock Products are units which may have small scratches, small dents, or noticeable use. B-Stock products are Factory Recertified to meet the performance and reliability of a new product of the same model.
- Replacements under EVGA's RMA Service will continue the original product's warranty based on the original warranty start date.
- EVGA only offers refunds on products purchased directly from EVGA.com within 30 days of purchase and are subject to a 15% restocking fee if opened.
- For products not purchased at EVGA.com, refund claims must be processed through the original vendor's return policy.
- EVGA does not cover shipping for returning the product for a refund.
Shipping In For Warranty:
Back up all your personal data and remove any confidential, proprietary information on the hard drive. EVGA CORPORATION will not be responsible for any loss of your own programs, data or information.
- The EVGA repair center for this region is located in: Brea, CA, USA. (Shipping Only)
- All products being sent to EVGA for warranty repair or replacement must be shipped into our facility.
- EVGA will not accept any packages being dropped off unless by a shipping courier. No Will-Call service is available.
- The customer is responsible for the costs of shipping in order to return the product to EVGA for the RMA process.
- EVGA may assist with offering a prepaid shipping label, if requested, within 30 days of the original purchase date from an authorized reseller.
- Damaged boxes, or products received in shipping envelopes, or bubble bags will be immediately rejected and returned to the sender. Pack your product well in a sturdy box and consult with your shipping courier to ensure the package is safe for transit.
- EVGA does not pay COD for any package being returned for warranty.
- EVGA recommends shipping via UPS or FedEx, and to always purchase insurance to protect your investment.
Warranty Replacement Shipping:
- EVGA will ship to the confirmed address at the time your RMA was approved.
- EVGA does not ship warranty replacements to PO Boxes, hotels or forwarding addresses.
- If your warranty replacement is unable to be delivered due to the address being invalid or delivery un able to be met due to lack of access, no known address, security obstacles or gated areas, you are responsible for a redirect or re-ship fee which will vary depending on your region. You must contact EVGA prior to shipment for assistance to avoid this charge. EVGA is not responsible for packages delivered to an outdated address.
- If the product is returned to EVGA for non-delivery you will be responsible to pay for additional shipping charges for reshipment. EVGA encourages you to check your shipping address prior to submitting any RMA request.
All RMA replacements will state "Warranty Replacement" on the package to assist in avoiding any taxes, duties and/or brokerage fees through customs or otherwise. EVGA is not responsible for any fees charged by the destination country's government body, brokers or other third party. EVGA is not responsible for any unclaimed package that held by your governing body for clearance from customs or otherwise that becomes abandoned for the refusal of clearance compliance.
Postal mail is not recommended for shipping any EVGA product. If your package is received with physical damage, a claim cannot be processed due to the limitations with postal services and the package will be returned to sender without alternative options.
What must you do to obtain warranty services?
To obtain service under this Limited Warranty, the purchaser must contact EVGA and receive a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number prior to returning the product to EVGA CORPORATION. Please contact EVGA Technical support at 1-888-881-3842 option 1 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the limits on EVGA CORPORATION's liability?
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SETS OUT THE FULL EXTENT OF EVGA CORPORATION'S RESPONSIBILITIES, AND THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY REGARDING THE PRODUCTS. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
IN NO EVENT SHALL EVGA CORPORATION BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT OR FOR, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMMERCIAL LOSS OF ANY SORT; LOSS OF USE, TIME, DATA, REPUTATION, OPPORTUNITY, GOODWILL, PROFITS OR SAVINGS; INCONVENIENCE; INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES; OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT. SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE DISCLAIMER OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
EVGA CORPORATION MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AS TO THE QUALITY, CAPABILITIES, OPERATIONS, PERFORMANCE OR SUITABILITY OF ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE OR EQUIPMENT USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE PRODUCT, OR THE ABILITY TO INTEGRATE ANY SUCH SOFTWARE OR EQUIPMENT WITH THE PRODUCT, WHETHER SUCH THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE OR EQUIPMENT IS INCLUDED WITH THE PRODUCT DISTRIBUTED BY EVGA CORPORATION OR OTHERWISE. RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE QUALITY, CAPABILITIES, OPERATIONS, PERFORMANCE AND SUITABILITY OF ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE OR EQUIPMENT RESTS SOLELY WITH THE PURCHASER AND THE DIRECT VENDOR, OWNER OR SUPPLIER OF SUCH THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE OR EQUIPMENT.
Nothing in the Product instructions or information shall be construed to create an express warranty of any kind with respect to the Products. No agent, employee, dealer, representative or reseller is authorized to modify or extend this Limited Warranty or to make binding representations or claims, whether in advertising, presentations or otherwise, on behalf of EVGA CORPORATION regarding the Products or this Limited Warranty.
If any portion of this Limited Warranty is held to be illegal or unenforceable, such partial illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the enforceability of the remainder of the Limited Warranty.
408 Saturn St
Brea, CA 92821
Phone: 1-888-881-EVGA (3842)
Please Note: As EVGA strives to honor the best warranty in the business, we have and will continue to make policy changes. Make sure you read this document carefully and check back for updates. EVGA reserves the right to change this policy without notice. Last update August 11, 2014.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Please feel free to call us first for any needed support at (888) 881-EVGA (3842) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.