BSOD clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor

Author
liquidice11
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2009/11/16 12:25:48 (permalink)

Summary of Issue:

Computer runs fine until I run a game (I.E. Avoin, Call of Duty MW2) Randomly recieve BSOD "clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor" I have not recieved this BSOD while playing WOW. With Call of Duty MW2 I notice that the BSOD comes around the time that the intro scene stops and transitions to the next level.

Actions Taken to prevent BSOD:

My readings through here have led me to believe it is a VCore issue and that I must continue to raise the VCore until it becomes stable. I have steadly increased since 1.20xx up to 1.3275 with only be BSOD becoming more random with longer game play. Monitoring my CPU I will see it spike from 5% to 50% utilization and notice jittery to heavy lag spikes in play just before BSOD. I have only messed with the VCore settings and nothing else(i r noob). I am begining to think it is something else that I need to look at.

It could be that I am suppose to adjust other areas with the VCore increase that I am just missing.

Goal:

Stop the BSOD. I do at some point want to try overclocking the rig. However right now I would like to play some higher end games without the BSOD cropping up and busting the whole game mode.

Hardware - (Will edit once home. At work and can not provide at this moment)
Processor: I7 950
MoBo: x58 SLI LE
Memory: 12gb DDR3 1600

Current Settings - (Will edit once home. At work and can not provide at this moment)

Thanks for the time anyone spends on this and any question that someone might have please feel free to ask.

5 Replies Related Threads

linuxrouter
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8043
    • Ribbons : 104
    Re:BSOD clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor 2009/11/16 12:42:48 (permalink)
    You should not be getting that BSOD code with a stock configuration. That BSOD generally only happens if you overclock and have set VCore too low.

Have you checked your core temps to see if the chip is overheating?

CaseLabs M-S8 - ASRock X99 Pro - Intel 5960x 4.2 GHz - XSPC CPU WC - EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid SLI - Samsung 950 512GB - EVGA 1600w Titanium
    Affiliate Code: OZJ-0TQ-41NJ
    liquidice11
    Re:BSOD clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor 2009/11/16 12:51:10 (permalink)
    Per the E-Leet tool the cores are running 42C to 45C pending what I am doing. 45 is usually in game temp.
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re:BSOD clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor 2009/11/16 21:10:50 (permalink)
    I have had that same BSOD 0x000101 clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor.  I have actually had that crash code more than once.

Usually it was due to core voltage issues.

But, I have also had the issue three times due to video card instability.  I overclocked the video card too high and it caused instability.  The screen froze and little lines accross the screen were seen for a few seconds and then BSOD 101 popped up.  This just shows you that the error doesn't necessarily mean that it is a CPU stability issue.

In my case, I upped CPU voltage repeatedly until I figured out it was video card instability and not CPU instability.

Are you video card(s) overclocked?

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

liquidice11
    Re:BSOD clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor 2009/11/17 10:43:55 (permalink)
    You know I was just thinking this last night.

Once I got home (DUH forgot spec posting) I reset my BIOS to default which set my VCORE back to 1.20xx something. I ran Prime95 and a memtest... which did not crash system.

I figured I would run the game again and about 30 mins into play I got a BSOD 101. Video cards are EVGA GeForce GTX 260 1792MB x2 in SLI mode.

I guess I am going to be a bit pissy if it turns out that one of my cards is bad. I have not overclocked my cards but they are in different speed slots due to the SLI cable not reaching across same speed slots on the MOBO. I suppose I could disable one and run through my games to see if one or the other crashes the box or if it has something to do with SLI.

Thanks tons for your input.
    liquidice11
    Re:BSOD clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor 2009/11/17 17:22:12 (permalink)
    Ok after watching percision on my gtx260s I saw that the GPU 1 temp ran up to 73C and GPU 2 temp stays around 37C. I also notice just prior to the BSOD MEM1 jumped from 100 MHz to 999MHZ and MEM2 stayed at 100.

I think I will move my conversation over to the graphics 200 series forums for further troubleshooting. Thanks again for the help. BTW no OC on the graphics cards.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile