This is the sign-up thread. | The Daily Journal can be found HERE.
This thread is a daily updated archive of the reasons we Fold. Please volunteer to "lead"
a given calendar day. Share your motivation for Folding and it'll be posted at the top for everyone else to draw inspiration from that day.
::: Our Purpose
Everyday, please make this thread your first stop on the forums. Each day, one member will share:
- His or her REASON for Folding. Or,
- Something he or she has sacrificed or endured for the cause. Or,
- An inspiring citation demonstrating the benefits of this type of research.
could post a picture of a loved one who suffers from a disease we are fighting... or a hilarious or moving personal story, or a short anecdote or catchphrase that always keeps you Folding. Whatever it is, so long as it is important to YOU
, it will be important to all of us. Let's all take one member's motivation, and for that one day, share it; Fold harder, every day, because of it.
That is the whole spirit of Folding, to take what resources we have (including the most important: our own motivations) and share them for the betterment of everyone.
::: The Mechanics
- Please sign up for a date in this thread. (Make your scheduled post in the Daily Journal.) I'll send you a reminder PM the day before your date
- On your chosen day, post your photo, story, video, etc in the Daily Journal thread. I will add it to the first post of that thread until the next day, so that everyone can quickly check in and see what today's extra inspiration for Folding is. Plus this thread will be a living archive of all the past reasons. Put the date and "My reason" in big letters at the top of your post!
- Every time a new member posts a "how do I get started?" thread, show them this and encourage them to lead a day after they're all set up. Let's make this a core part of our daily operations. It will make everyone involved, everyone a leader. And it'll keep our eyes on the real prize.
- If someone here or elsewhere starts talking about corporate Folding, well... Show 'em this, and say no more. Here's one consolidated demonstration of why we Fold, and if this doesn't move 'em, then nothing will. Don't waste a single word fighting another Folder; only fight diseases. Other teams are welcome to join us!
- Feel free to post multiple times -- you can share little pieces of your story or research or whatever on different days.
Please feel free to participate here, or make your own version at home and I'll link to it. Though we compete, we are all part of the same disease-whipping network!
::: Ideas to get you (yes, YOU!) started
And several threads from our very own forums. These are recent since the last archiving:
::: CALENDAR PLEASE JOIN IN! 11/1/10: Ducrider 11/2/10: drougnor 11/3/10: seabigbear 11/4/10: DeepPurple23 11/5/10: texinga 11/6/10: z3r0t0l0rence 11/7/10: FlipBack 11/8/10: staypuft 11/10/10: Adam2013 11/11/10: Adam2013 11/12/10: warthorn 11/25/10: texinga 11/26/10: labeld 11/27/10: dieman566 11/28/10: MrHaViK 12/1/10: Madrias 12/10/10: Sleinous 12/12/10: warthorn
12/28/10: warthorn (posting on behalf of a friend)
"Good habits are just as hard to break as bad ones."
<message edited by warthorn on Monday, December 13, 2010 11:42 PM>