got the 4gb 670 sc ( 4x) and fixed them on asus R4 x79 to power my 3x30 mon ( HP zr30w)
i will not go through benchmarks but i just wanted to share with u how things go.
after doing a fresh windows install and updates, official drivers were installed and things were not easy after
- all cards are working as intended , i tested them seperatly
- no flickering , no TDR issues like my previouse 24 asus monitors and zotac 3 way 680 gtx
- very good temps and noise levels even in 4 way sli with fan profile
-official latest driver refused to start sourr setup unless card2 is free of mon connection , so unless card1 , card3 , card4 are hooked there will be no sourr
- none of the cards was pushed to the max during heaven benchmark, which had me to try the pci3 hack, however so many lockups with pci3 hack ,so i had to roll back
- none of the cards had aload more then 70% during heaven
- very poor perf in warcraft ( load was limited to 50-60% on each card with vsysnc off , D3 didnt push the cards eaither and the load was not more then 50% each at vsync off ( will install more games tonight).
- the new beta 3xx.79 made d3 betterwith vsync on/off better but still very bad loads on cards.
- extra pcix is fixed to the mobo , psu is 1500 w, mobo got the latest bios update,
- cpu ( 3930) was tested at stock speed, 4.3ghz and 4.8 ghz , the extra power got zero effect on the cards loads and was not the resone to bottleneck the 4 cards. ( at least for now)
heaven got the highest load on the cards comparing to the games due which is normal and the max load i saw was 70% but drop down to 30% most of the time.
for now i can only think about the pcx3 hack that didnt work for me ,but with the release of the new asus z77 extreme4 , all what i can do is to wait
will do more tests and try the 3 way sli
<message edited by sambatico on Wednesday, July 04, 2012 3:03 AM>