The EVGA GeForce GTX 980 K|NGP|N graphics card is meticulously designed for the extreme overclocker. With a 14+3 power phase design, this new digitally controlled VRM can deliver up to 600A of current, all delivered through 3 power inputs, 8pin + 8pin + 6pin. ACX 2.0+ keeps the card running cool, and the ability to go single slot, with the included single slot bracket, makes this one of the sleekest graphic cards designed to date.
Vince "K|NGP|N" Lucido is an extreme overclocker who has achieved many 3DMark World Records with EVGA hardware. He contributed to the design of the GTX 980 K|NGP|N Edition graphics card with EVGA, and had this to say:
"The power designs for both the GPU and memory on the EVGA GeForce GTX 980 K|NGP|N graphics card should allow some insane overclocking and some of the highest clockspeeds seen to date. Also, with the new multi-color LED cooler, you can customize the look of the card to fit any system."
Full color control allows you to fine tune the color to your liking using EVGA PrecisionX!
When we say this card offers unbelievable overclocking, we mean it. Vince “K|NGP|N” Lucido was able to take the GeForce GTX 980 GPU to new heights at over 2200MHz GPU clock and 8900MHz memory clock on Liquid Nitrogen Cooling.
MMCP+ – Memory MOSFET Cooling Plate+
Full size cooling plate makes direct contact with memory and MOSFETS, reducing memory up to 7°C and MOSFET up to 8°C.
OPT – Optimized Power Target
The power target is precisely tuned for the perfect balance of thermal, power and performance, offering 128% more power over reference.
SHP – Straight Heat Pipes
Five 8mm straight heat pipes offer 6% better heat dissipation than bent heat pipes with reduced thermal resistance.
EVGA ACX 2.0+ fans use double ball bearings, which offer 400% longer lifespan than the sleeve bearing fans used by competitors. The oil that is used in Sleeve bearing fans makes them vulnerable and prone to failure after time when the oil dries up. Upgrade to EVGA ACX 2.0+ and your card will go the distance!
Above test conducted with both fans set to the same acoustic level.
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 K|NGP|N ACX 2.0+
- 2048 CUDA Cores
- Base Clock: 1304 MHz
- Boost Clock: 1418 MHz
- Bus: PCI-E 3.0
- 2-way, 3-way, 4-way SLI Ready
- Memory Detail: 4096 MB
- Memory Bit Width: 256 Bit
- Memory Clock: 7010 MHz
- Memory Speed: 0.28 ns
- Memory Bandwidth: 224.3 GB/s
- NVIDIA Dynamic Super Resolution Technology
- NVIDIA MFAA Technology
- NVIDIA GameWorks Technology
- NVIDIA GameStream Technology
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Ready
- Microsoft DirectX 12 (feature level 12_1)
- NVIDIA GPU Boost 2.0
- NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync
- NVIDIA Surround Technology
- NVIDIA SLI Ready
- NVIDIA CUDA Technology with OpenCL support
- OpenGL 4.4 Support
- OpenCL Support
- HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2 and Dual-link DVI
- PCI Express 3.0 x16
- EVGA ACX 2.0 Cooling
- Quick Switch Dual BIOS
- dB Inverter
- Memory MOSFET Cooling Plate
- Optimized Power Target
- Straight Heat Pipes
EVGA PrecisionX – Redesigned to harness the power of GPU Boost 2.0, EVGA PrecisionX sets another baseline for what overclocking software should be. Learn more and download it below!
- GPU and Memory Frequency/Clock Offset
- Temperature Target Control
- Pixel Clock Overclocking
- Robust monitoring allowing ingame, system tray and/or Logitech LCD monitoring
- In game screenshot hotkey, supports BMP, PNG and JPG formats
EVGA OC Scanner X – Featuring a brand new look and layout, this popular application has been updated to show all of the GeForce GTX 960 vitals. Learn more and download it here.
- Built-in stress tester to find and report artifacts
- Benchmark function to quickly test your performance
- CPU Burn In Module
- Built-in log functionality